Thursday, January 15, 2015

Go Rustic Top Talent

Welcome back to another Top Talent spotlight at Our Creative Corner!

Today we are shining the spotlight on the winner of the 'Go Rust-ic' Challenge that was hosted by me (Laura)
 

We are so very lucky here at OCC because after she was chosen as winner of the Go Rustic Challenge, Pamellia accepted our invite to join us here as one of the team!

       As you know Pamellia is the challenge host this month and so the Top Talent had to be put aside for a few weeks - but she is here now and let me tell you...it was worth the wait!!!!

Before we show you Pamellia's gorgeous creation,  let's just spend some time finding out a little bit more about this lovely lady.....




1. Where do you live?

I have lived in about a billion places, but my home at this time is Toronto, Ontario, Canada.


2. Please tell us about any items in your craft stash that you can't be without? - What is your favourite 'must have' item for crafting?

I'm not sure I can narrow it down that easily! Since I discovered mixed media, my circle of favourite products has grown extensively. I suppose my texture paste and stencils are what I reach for the most now. I'm also growing pretty attached to my box of ink sprays!!


3. If you have lost your Mojo, how do you go about getting it back?

Scary thought! I'm usually working on several things at once, so if I get stumped or hit a wall, I find the best thing to do is it set aside for a while and work on something else. Either that or have a nap, I have my best ideas while I'm sleeping! lol


4. Are you an impulsive buyer of craft items?

OH YES!!! Most of the time, I don't even know I want it until I see it! I go to the craft store with the intention of using a coupon to buy ONE item, and two hours later I'm broke!


5. What if anything, do you consistently draw inspiration from?

I'm a visual person so most of the time an image will spark my creativity. Sometimes it's an image on a challenge blog, or on Pinterest, sometimes I see a bedroom set or shower curtain on a TV show, and sometimes my inspiration comes from one of the many talented artists out here in blogland!


6. How do you react should an item you are working on ever go 'wrong' - or should I say 'not to plan'?

What I want to say is that I sit back, say hmmm, and then calmly figure out what to do about it. That would be a bald-faced lie! What actually happens is that I have a hissy fit, not unlike a 5 year old child, I swear like a sailor on shore leave...and THEN...I sit back, say hmmm...and figure out what to do about it!


7. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?

That is a long list, but I think the style I am most drawn to that I have not yet explored would be Steampunk. I love all those gears and metallic trinkets, the textures and the amazing altered items! It's next on my list!




***********************************


Thanks so much for being here Pamellia! We are so glad to have you join the OCC team and so proud that you could are here today as our Top Talent

     ....So now it is time to shine the spotlight on the Top Talent creation -  let's see what Pamellia made for us!











I love this Pamellia! - it shows just how creative you are! It really has been such an honour to feature this wonderful creation at Our Creative Corner.
 
Thank you so much for being such a wonderful Top Talent!
 
If you want to see more photos and details of this wonderful creation and find out how it was made, then please go along to Pamellia's blog and say "Hello" - I am sure she would love to see you there!


***************************************


Would you like to see your work here in the 'Our Creative Corner' Spotlight?
You could be here as our 'Top Talent' with the spotlight shining on something you have created! 

All you have to do is enter the Christmas Leftovers challenge and if you are picked as the winner you will be invited to appear here as our Top Talent and have the spotlight shine on something you have made. We will also ask you some questions so that we can be nosey find out more about you....


Happy Crafting! 
Laura xxx

12 comments:

  1. OK so I am fortunate to know Pamellia personally and spend time with her and her Q and A is so her. I sat here chuckling away as I read it. Pamellia is not only talented she is charming and funny. Oh and her project is fabulous too.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this wonderful Q and A session and your altered box is just gobsmackingly brilliant, Pamellia!

    This post was such a treat to read!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWIE Pamellia!! Absolutely fantastic transformation of this simple candy box!! This is the reason why you're on the OCC DT and I'm lucky enough to call you my teammate!! Just FABULOUS!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous interview- Great answers-love them all!!
    Your make is fantastic!! Love recycling and you have taken it to a new level Pamellia!!
    Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project and an interesting interview, thanks so much and I'm looking forward to your first steampunk project ;-) Hugs, Kerstin x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to hear you do things that the rest of us do! Love that box you've transformed so stylishly too. I loved reading your answers too.
    Hugs Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous this altered box, Pamellia! Interesting also this interview. Like Kerstin I wait for the day you will put your fingers in the gears of Steampunk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone for all of your kind words!! I am so tickled to be here and share a bit about myself! big hugs to all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steampunk huh? Umm yes! Full steam ahead! I think your piece is amazeballs and awesome. I really like that OCC introduced you, it gives this challenge blog a "home-y" feel. Loves it and love what you create. Till next time little muffin! Hugz. ~Doc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pamellia - this is so incredible - nobody does texture like you do! I just loved the grey hues, and the victorian-esque feel. I immediately had a an image of some archaeology professor digging up some archeaological treasure. As if you didnt think I was weird enough - but thats what it makes me think of. It was nice to read your interview as well, makes me feel like I know you a wee bit better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx